Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sign Sign Everywhere a Sign

Three days before I head south. Ruby Jean and I leave Wednesday and we start the ride to Manhattan Beach at 7:15. We will have the ceremonial rear wheel dip in the Pacific, take team pictures, kiss our loved ones and we will be rolling at 8:00.

Yesterday I got went to see my parents before the ride, they are really excited to follow the ride via the blog and I was given strict instructions to watch out for cars, wear sunscreen, do my homework (blog) and get my sleep. These are the same exact instructions I received when I was riding my bike to school in the 5th grade but some things just hold true at any age. Thanks Mom & Dad, I love you and I will see you in July.

While down in the Willamette Valley seeing the folks I took a short 35 mile ride along the river and through some great farmlands. I don't ride in this area much but I enjoy it whenever I do.

 
Above is my favorite sign of the day.

         There are so many captions that would work for this picture...feel free to add suggestions.



I took a break and shared a snack with these guys, I told them about the ride starting next week and they gave me the same blank stare that I get from a lot of folks. They didn't have much to say so I kept mooooooving along.



 Here is a sign from yesterday that I thought  MCV (My Captain Vinny) would like. Vinny has titled this sign "Bike on Cheese" , I'm going with "Bike Wedgie".


Happy Sunday....get out and enjoy.

9 comments:

  1. Weather here in SoCal is fantastic - sunny and warm. It is forecast to cool off some for next w/e when you start your ride, but that will give you great conditions inland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim,
    Could you please see what you could do to get us 90's and a tailwind through the desert?
    It would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just checked the weather and it looks like 90's in the desert. We are ready to ride and getting a nice massage today. Wave when you go past SF. We drive down friday morning should be in LA my 1 or 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While it's too early to know what the temps are going to be in the desert, the long term forecast does looks good - highs in the 90's with favoring winds. Maybe I could sacrifice a chicken. DEBORAH, light up the BBQ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son sent me a text that I made a spelling error, it is now official, we have come full circle. In my defense, I didn't spell the word wrong...I spelled the WRONG WORD correctly ☺.
    My bike "Ruby Jean" became Rudy Jean. All is fixed, Thanks Bubba.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was signing up for XC09 I asked Tracy if there was a "no rain warrenty" - she told me that without a couple of challenges there would be no stories at the end...As I recall the first of those stories revolved around the 105 degrees we experienced going through the desert. Enjoy and may you have great stories (but not too great) Bob

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyday you ride will provide you with great stories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Weather forecast for Sunday is good - about sixty degrees at the beach and mid-eighties in Riverside. Monday is looking good, moderate temperatures and favorable winds throught the pass. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adventure! And what better cause than Big Brothers/ Big Sisters. Another Big and myself are doing a ride from Natchez Mississippi to Nashville Tennessee begining May 24 for Big Brothers/ Big Sisters. Ride Safe Brother.

    ReplyDelete