Sunday, May 8, 2011

Hundreds of Stoplights yet is was still a great day....47 more day to go.

Well, today finally came.
After 2 years of dreaming, planning and training we finally were able to get this party started.
The alarm was set for 4:45 but there really was no need for the alarm, I slept very little, I was dressed and ready to go by 5:00. We had a big team breakfast at 5:30 and were on the bikes riding to the beach at 7:00.
By 7:15 we were at Manhattan Beach Pier. We stripped off the footwear and took part in the ceremonial wheel dip in the Pacific and took team pictures.
                                                           Me and Ruby Jean
                                            Ray and his Recumbent getting a salt water bath

                                               Ready To Ride.....after I get my shoes on.

We came together as a team today and we only met yesterday. We don't all ride at the same speed but will all arrive at the same location. We started this together and we will finish it together.
Tomorrow we ride from Riverside CA to Indio CA, and then.....The Mojave.
The Team

47 more days until we dip the front tire in the Atlantic.
Ready or not Boston, Here we come...and when we get there we will be expecting some beer!
Dream BIG, Jeff


5 comments:

  1. You're going to wait for Boston to have a beer??
    I think most of us felt like a beer from day one.
    Some more than others - you will meet Harry later on....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip. I can't tell you how hard it was not following everyone up the hill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Daddy! Cool pictures. Some words of wisdom I have learned from the best...wear sunscreen (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jeff,

    I am an XC08 alum. You have a great web/blog going, and I shall look forward to following your progress. In addition, my partner (also an XC08 rider, Mary Ann) and I will be doing Cycle Oregon for the first time this year.

    If you can, please blog about my dear dear friends (and Sacramento riding partners) on your tech crew, Paula and Debbie..

    Be careful in the Riverside-to-Indio winds today! And tomorrow too...

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome first day...thank you for posting along the way. I think we are really going to enjoy your journey...be safe and hope the winds are behind you today!

    ReplyDelete