Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Run for the border - 115 miles to Wickenburg

Day 4
Blythe CA to Wickenburg AZ
115 miles - Goodbye to The Mojave

Today we had our first border crossing into Arizona, only 14 more to go.
Each border crossing we sprinkle a pinch of Pacific Ocean sand as as offering to the weather gods.
The pinch of sand worked pretty well today, temperature was mild and wind wasn't in our face.

Hey, picture is crooked.......live with it, I'm tired and it's a new camera.
Gear for the desert include arm coolers, leg coolers and a headsweat. These are great for keeping the sun off the skin and they help with cooling. It really feels great to pour some cold water on these and get back on the bike and let the air cool you down.

Blythe CA to Wickenburg AZ there is very little to see and very little to hope for, in fact as when you get to Hope AZ, don't blink because before you know it you will be beyond hope.


After 115 miles I earned a good dinner and a couple beers, my bike computer below.
My buddy Jim drove up from Phoenix to have dinner. It was great to see Jim and I am very appreciative to him for making the trip up to Wickenburg and for his support of Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Thanks Jim, See you in September and this time it's my treat.
Tomorrow we CLIMB to Prescott AZ, we will have about 7,500 ft of gain with the promise of some great switchbacks and views.
Dream Big, Jeff

2 comments:

  1. I'm very bothered that Arizona can't use the right "your/you're"....no wonder my son struggles in school......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also...... I bet my parents will meet up with you in prescott!

    ReplyDelete