Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I'm already tired of winter, and it has only been 1 day.

The weather needs to understand that I need to start training for this ride.
Rain stinks.
Wind stinks.
Cold stinks.
Here in beautiful Fairview Oregon, we have had nothing but rain, wind & cold for what seems like the last 6 weeks.
I know that I won't melt in the rain and the wind and cold is really only an inconvenience but I have to tell you that when it is DARK when I go to the office & DARK when I leave the office it makes training rides few and far between.
Here is what I have been doing for the last 6 weeks and will be training on for the next 6 weeks.
The Indoor Trainer

I have been going to ride (spin) classes almost every night at Cascade Athletic Club. They have great instructors and the 1 hour workout combined with the 1 hour spin on my spin bike (above) keeps me in reasonable ride shape before the 16 week "hard training" begins in February.

I'm going to try to get out this weekend at some point for a ride.
 Dear Santa: If it isn't to much to ask I would really appreciate a 4 hour window of reasonable weather that coincides with daylight hours. The bike (which I really need to give a name) and I would really like to go for a ride.

Merry Christmas Everyone



No comments:

Post a Comment